- Try techniques on a bigger scale e.g. large paintbrush to show effect of different surface textures
- Utilise skills learnt and continue to be experimental
- Consider looking at the works of Audrey Walker and Alice Kettle who both use stitch in their artwork, hand stitching and machine stitching respectively. From this I also feel perhaps I should explore textile artists further.
- MORE MIXED MEDIA, not just pen and pencil. Try collage, wax resist & painting more
- Try working larger, try out A3 size sketchbooks
Kim Debling is a Hampshire, UK based designer and Director of her own company Kestrel Design Ltd. She is mum to Rose and Harvey and wife to her best friend Steve. She’s fighting off Stage 4 Lymphoma and sharing her story along the way, mainly via YouTube. Kim is passionate about being happy, mental wellbeing and in particular art and creative pursuits as therapy during tough times. She teaches online at Udemy, has published books and has art and printables available for sale.