Project 1, Stage 4

Project 1, Stage 4

The last stage for project 1 was working from my sketchbooks – again making textural studies. It asked for 4 or 5 images to work from so I then only made 2 textural studies for each. I feel partly guilty that I’m not doing more but I don’t want to go...
Aprons for Linh’s Salon

Aprons for Linh’s Salon

I made 4 plain green aprons with checker neck and waist ties for my friend Linh and her nail salon – www.linhsalons.com  This is the last apron I made – for Linh herself so she gets a sweetheart neckline and black lace frill! I originally had pale green...
Hiding the dress away for a while

Hiding the dress away for a while

A small pic to show some progress. I’ve sewn almost all the lace motifs onto the bottom layer and rethought my skirt design slightly.  On the bottom layer – small ‘spikes’ of motifs will run up each seam and the centre back seam will have a lot...
Project 1, Stage 3, Exercise 2

Project 1, Stage 3, Exercise 2

Similar to the last project – textural studies except with real objects rather than just images. I’m going to stick photographs of the objects (a flower, a leaf and the dilapidated paper cover of a saw) next to these images on the A3 sheets. Again, I found...
Project 1, Stage 3, Exercise 1

Project 1, Stage 3, Exercise 1

This one asked me to work from visual sources which I used a postcard and magazine adverts. It was a ‘textural study’ so the idea was to capture the ‘feel’ or ‘idea’ of something rather than just copying. I found that easier in some...